CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Washington D.C.

We decided that since Darin starts school on Tuesday that we would take a little family vacation. We invited our neighbors the Henrie's and packed up the car and we were off. It is only four hours from here, so it was not a bad drive at all. The first day we spent the day at Arlington. Wow... That was unbelievable, no words could describe the feelings in that cemetery. On our tour bus they told us that they have on average 27 funerals a day there. Day two we went to all the war memorials. We spent a lot of time at the World War II Memorial; I think just because we were more familiar with that one and that being the one that both our grampies fought in. We went to the Tomb of the Unmarked soldiers. That was really cool how they do the exchange, so respectful. Then we went to a couple of the Smithsonian Museums. That took up our whole day. There is soooo much to see in those places and then on day three I said to everyone that we didn't get to see the Iwo Jima Monument, so we took the metro to Arlington and went and saw that statue. That was my favorite thing we saw. Then we went to the Holocaust Museum. That was my least favorite thing we did; just because the pit I had in my stomach the WHOLE time we were in there. I cannot even imagine going through what those people did. I tell you what after this trip I've learned a few things:
1. I am very thankful for my freedom.
2. I am very thankful for my freedom.
3. I am very thankful for my freedom.




We had a great time. It was really hot and we walked a lot, but it was fun do go and visit Washington D.C. There is so much to see, you could spend a month there and still not see everything. It was neat to learn and pay our respects to all the men and women and their families that fought for all of us!

1 comments:

MegHaNE said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun! im glad to see that your enjoying your time there and spending time with your hubby, because once schools start you probably wont be seeing much of him.

we see brandon for dinner and thats about it. so maicee and I keep ourselves super busy with playdates and what not! keep posting!